Creating a platform to increase multimodality and examine projects and technologies to maximise capacity safely and efficiently
Egypt has long been far too reliant on its road network, with overcrowded and dangerous roads causing a large number of problems. As part of a national strategy to rectify this, the country has embarked on a program to vastly increase the capacity of its rail and metro networks, launching projects to modernise existing routes whilst creating vital new networks.
With major projects on the horizon such as the recent tender of Cairo Metro line 4, the creation of a new high-speed rail network and the development of the country’s freight network, this is a sector witnessing major growth as part of Egypt’s vision for the future.
The 2nd Annual Future Rail and Metro Conference, supported by the Ministry of Transport, Egyptian National Railways and Cairo Metro, will seek to serve as a platform to address these issues and provide recommendations as to how best to modernise rail and metro systems.
Join us on the 31st March for the site visit to the Cairo Metro to have the opportunity to the inner workings of the Cairo Metro and gain a hands-on opportunity to see the upgrade works on the metro in the presence of some members of staff from the Cairo Metro.
- Hear first hand from key stakeholders how your business can be part of Egypt’s future rail and Metro projects
- Learn how best how to optimise maintenance and revenue streams in order to maximise return on investment
- Network with fellow rail professionals from Egypt and abroad in order to develop your business contacts and create lasting partnerships
- Develop your understanding of mega-project finance and alternative methods to finance rail projects like PPPs, BOT, and FDI and their applicability to funding rail and metro projects
Who should attend?
- Rolling stock providers
- Signalling, communications and IT providers
- Banks and financial institutions
- Foreign rail and metro operators